Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

C0oper [Helper] Application

Discussion in 'Helper Applications' started by Cooper, Mar 24, 2017.

1. #1 Cooper, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Before you fill this application, please check that you are eligible for all the requirements listed below:

• If you do not use this format your application will be denied.☑️️Check.

• You must be at least 14 years of age to apply.☑️️Check.

• You must be fluent in English☑️️ Check.

• You must able to download and/or utilize the following services: Discord, Vyzon Forums☑️️Check.

• You must be able to use Discord☑️️Check.

• You must be willing to do an interview over Skype or Discord.What is your Minecraft Username?: ☑️️Check.

My username is C0oper. I just recently changed it to this, so sorry if there's any confusion.

What is your first name?:

My first name is Cooper.

What is your age?:

My age is 14, but on my profile, it says I'm 15 because I added the wrong year to the date.

What is your gender?:

My gender is Male.

How long have you been playing on The Vyzon Network?

I've been playing on vyzon since mine prime, so almost 3-4 years. I've been hanging on ever since the 10 thousand restarts. Even though I still know that vyzon is an amazing server, and in my opinion, it will bigger and better than ever sooner or later. Lately, Vyzon has become a lot more popular and seems a lot more loved, especially with the recent merge of GammaMC.

Have you ever been banned on The Vyzon Network? (If so, state all previous bans):

I have never been banned from the vyzon network, but I have been warned a few times by a couple staff members. If you would like to see my record, click here:

http://www.vyzon.net/bans/kicks.php

How many hours can you dedicate to moderating per day?:

Well, the second I get home from school, I usually hop on the server and stay on for at least 5 hours. I’d say I’m on for pretty much half of the day on weekdays, and all of the day on weekends.

Sunday: This is the one day I have nothing going on. I can dedicate at least 6-8 hours. (Yes, I have no life)

Monday: School From 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. I can dedicate 3-5 hours in the morning, and about 3-5 hours in the evening. ( I have nothing else going on during a

Monday)

Tuesday: School from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Once again, I can dedicate about 3-5 hours in the morning, and about 3-4 hours in the afternoon. This is because I spend around an hour or two after school doing my homework and studying on Tuesdays.

Wednesday: School from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM redundancy, I can spend 3-5 hours in the morning and 3-5 hours after school. I have nothing else going on during Wednesday.

Thursday: School from 6:45 AM - 3:00 PM. N.J.H.S community service from 3:30 - 5:00. On these days I can't dedicate much time to moderating, so maybe around 3-5 hours.

Friday: School from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. I can not dedicate any time in the morning since I sleep in a bit on Fridays. After school, I can dedicate 6-8 hours.

Saturday: I do chores on Saturdays, so I can moderate some time after 10:00 AM in the morning. then I can spend the rest of the day on Vyzon. Maybe around 4-7 hours.

Would you treat your friends differently when enforcing the rules?:

If I would become a helper, I would not end up treating my friends differently, as that would make me a horrible staff member. I don't have many friends anyway, so I don't see it as a problem. In my opinion, anyone who treats others differently just because they are fond of each other should be demoted and shamed upon. Rules are rules, and just because you have a relationship with someone, doesn't mean you should treat them different from others.

Do you know the server rules?:

I do know the basic rules, yes. I looked around for the rules on the site but all I found was the Announcements. Also, when you do /rules on Vyzon, all that pops up are the announcements.... I think that's not supposed to happen... but if I become a member of the staff team, I would love to help get a proper /help forums up and running with a few other staff members. In fact, as we speak, the rules are being worked on by Thomas.

How often do you lose your temper? (Frequently, Sometimes, Rarely, Never):

I do not recall the last time I lost my temper in a game. The last time I lost my temper was not in a game, as I find it hard to get mad at something in Minecraft unless you lose something important. Even if I were to lost my temper, I wouldn't take it out on anyone.

Do you have any past experience as a staff member? (If so, elaborate):

I have applied to many different servers, and some I have been turned down and some didn't even get a response. I have never been a staff member on Vyzon, but I have been a staff member on a few other servers. I am an admin on TurtleCraft, which is a server I and my friend own and test random commands and command blocks, so that's not much to brag about. I have also been a helper + on basicCraft, which is a small server that is currently being worked on.. and hopefully, very soon, a helper on Vyzon.

How would you deal with a staff member breaking the rules?:

If I were to witness a staff member breaking rules, I would screenshot it and post about it on the forums. I would also confront them about it since abusing is a horrible thing to do. (Glares At Dwer) I do understand that sometimes admins like Tuneful Mouse and Vyzon will go into the PVP zone and give themselves infinite regeneration, (Glares At Alex) but I still think that should not be allowed because it could easily cause problems.

How many times should a player be warned before action is taken?:

I think, “the 3 Steps” is appropriate for someone breaking the rules unless it is something horrible like stealing from an island/faction or just nonstop player harassment.

Step 1: /Warn them to cool it with the spam/caps, or something related to that.

Step 2: /warn them for a second time if they continue doing what I told them not to do.

Step 3: /warn them for the third time, and if necessary, take action and execute a /temp ban or a /mute.

Are you fluent in any other languages? (If so, elaborate):

I am fluent in English only, but like almost every American I do know a bit of Spanish. I do not know much of anything else.

How are you different from other Applicants?:

I feel my application is different from others because I am more passionate about becoming a helper. I have been playing for years. I grew up with vyzon. It was the first server I have ever played on or buy a rank on. I have been stolen from so many times I that I can't count, and know It's nice to know you can do something about it. I also know a bunch of the staff members and a lot of other people who play on vyzon/gammaMC. I also have been recommended by a few people, and by whatever this means: "You seem Helpful but I don’t read staff applications" Vyzon, 2017. I also patrol chat and I have also caught a quite a few hackers. In my opinion, I seem fit for the job I am already doing.

How do you believe you will benefit The Vyzon Network as a Helper?:

I believe I can benefit vyzon as a helper for a few reasons. I have Listed these reasons below.

1. I am on the server a lot. The second I get home from school, I hop onto my computer and join onto vyzon. I am on at least a few hours a day, and therefore can contribute to helping people and making Vyzon a better place. To prove I play a lot, on sky block my island is the top island, sitting around 7,000 IS level. I understand a lot about vyzon and would like to be free to share that knowledge with others.

2.Everyone on Vyzon, so far, has been extremely kind to me. My day consists of, Me waking up, going to school, getting bullied, coming home, and going to my happy place. Vyzon is almost like another life for me, where I can escape from reality. When you find something you like, something that helps you cope with stress, it only makes sense to try and have some type of control over it, and try to make it better.

I have had some pretty deep conversations with Matt, and I understand running a server is hard work. I would love to make his and Matt’s job a lot easier. I may not be able to make as big of a difference as I would like to, but I know I can do something to make a difference.

3. With the new merge of Gamma and Vyzon, I have seen a lot of hackers and spammers. It would be nice if I could take action about this myself and not have to spam Matt’s skype with lots of screenshots/complaints of people hacking. Same thing goes for tuneful mouse.

Do you have any other obligations that may interfere with the time you plan to dedicate to moderating? (If so, elaborate):

Luckily, Not much can interfere with the time I plan to help to moderate.

My schedule:

Sunday: This is the one day I have nothing going on. I can dedicate at least 6-8 hours. (Yes, I have no life)

Monday: School From 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. I can dedicate 3-5 hours in the morning, and about 3-5 hours in the evening. ( I have nothing else going on during a

Monday)

Tuesday: School from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Once again, I can dedicate about 3-5 hours in the morning, and about 3-4 hours in the afternoon. This is because I spend around an hour or two after school doing my homework and studying on Tuesdays.

Wednesday: School from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM redundancy, I can spend 3-5 hours in the morning and 3-5 hours after school. I have nothing else going on during Wednesday.

Thursday: School from 6:45 AM - 3:00 PM. N.J.H.S community service from 3:30 - 5:00. On these days I can't dedicate much time to moderating, so maybe around 3-5 hours.

Friday: School from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. I can not dedicate any time in the morning since I sleep in a bit on Fridays. After school, I can dedicate 6-8 hours.

Saturday: I do chores on Saturdays, so I can moderate some time after 10:00 AM in the morning. then I can spend the rest of the day on Vyzon. Maybe around 4-7 hours.

My skype is C0oper/Cooper G.

Discord:

My discord name is CooperAnimations, and I am commonly found in the vyzon discord.

Ranks Bought:

VIP/Legend: A few years ago, no specified time. Money Spent: $100 U.S Dollars.

MVP/Myth: A Few days ago. Money Spent: $12.50 US Dollars.

I Humbly Thank You For Considering.

( P.S I was giving permission by an admin to post a new application early )

2. Decent application, I would recommend adding more detail all around for sure. Also, don't space out your answers so much, because it makes the whole thing harder to read. I see you on the server helping quite a bit, which is obviously a plus. You are active on forums as well. Once again, if you were to add much more detail to this and not space it out as much as you did to make it look like you did add a lot of detail, it would be even better. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In all, I don't think your application is bad, but it definitely isn't perfect. Plenty of grammatical errors sprinkled throughout the entire thing.
    I think it's detailed well enough, but it's always nice to add more.
    The one thing I very much dislike is how you call people directly out on their mistakes. You say names of staff members (and past ones) and even quote Matt on something he said. Maybe that's just my opinion, but I don't find that exactly appropriate for an application, same with your small side comments like about how you have "no life" and such.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Those comments are meant to be a bit funny. There's no harm in them. Also, I don't think it is a problem to say the names of staff members when I am talking about them... And do you mind pointing out the grammar mistakes instead of just stating they're there? that would be more helpful than just informing me about them. Nevertheless, thank you for your opinion.

5. Thanks blushings. I'll try to add more detail and make it more smooth.

6. Good application but I have heard that you have scammed people before and that you are untrustworthy. -1

7. Can you please explain how exactly I have scammed? I recall being scammed myself, but I can guarantee I have never scammed anyone before on vyzon.... So If you want to try and accuse me of such scams, please find all of the facts first.

8. I agree with you 100% @shrektbro. I mean, how does he get so much money? Squid spawners are so op now a days. I can see why you are accusing a fellow penguin of such scamming. However, I recall investigating a case of you scamming using an "Enderman Spawner." Just throwing it out there. #WhenSquidsFly (This is all a joke, and you shouldn't post such non-sense when replying to applications).

• Like Like x 1
  9. LOL

10. My deepest apologies, but this application will be denied.

Your previous application was denied on the 15th or March 2017, current date is the 25th or March 2017. The stand down period on applications is four weeks, correct?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Correct Thomas, but I was told by an admin that I could apply a bit earlier than usual

12. As @WH1TEN3RD said, you cannot apply within four weeks of your last application. If you did receive special permission, then put it at the very top of your application as soon as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks, good idea. Also, happy birthday!

14. Admins shouldn't hold bias towards players, this was a wrong decision by said admin.

15. Tell that to the admin who said it... Not me.....

16. Plenty of unnecessary information such as delineate Monday to sunday thus I could compose that in a few sentences. Personally, I prefer to have the questions bolded, too much bold is too much ugliness.

Throughout your application, it's well detailed with minor grammatical errors. Best of luck.

17. thanks

18. -1 Disrespectful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Thanks!